You've heard people mention dental implants and how much they've improved their smiles. You'd like to replace a missing tooth and wonder if you should investigate dental implants. The answer is yes! At Johnson & Trang Dental in Plymouth, MI dental implants fully restore smile strength, appearance and performance. How can a tooth replacement do all that? Read here about the benefits dental implants offer to people just like you.
Who needs a dental implant?
Millions of healthy adults across the country have benefited from dental implants. When a smile is damaged by decay, gum disease, accident or other problem, dental implants fully replace missing teeth. In addition to spanning smile gaps, implants from your Plymouth dentists, Dr. James Johnson or Dr. Flora Trang, actually increase the size and strength of the jaw bone, something conventional bridges and dentures cannot do.
Comprised of a titanium implant screw, or cylinder, a metal alloy extension post and porcelain crown, the single-tooth dental implant looks, feels and acts just as a real tooth does. Plus, when exercised by biting and chewing, the implant places pressure on the jaw bone and further enhances osseointegration.
Osseointegration is a natural process which bonds human bone to titanium, the key component in dental implants and many joint replacements, too. Conventional dentures and fixed bridges do not offer this amazing benefit because they only rest on gum surfaces and do not penetrate the jaw bone. As a result, tradition tooth replacements slip, irritate and frequently need replacing.
The other benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are a great option because:
- Implants have a success rate of more than 97 percent as reported by the Institute for Dental implant Awareness.
- Implants typically are a one-time replacement and last for decades.
- Implants are versatile and may be used to support bridges, partials and fixed or removable full dentures.
- They rarely fail as long as patients keep them clean and get routine check-ups and cleanings with their dentists.
- They keep surrounding natural teeth in place, avoiding mobility, misalignment and more.
From root to crown, there's nothing like a natural tooth. However, dental implants from Johnson and Trang Dental in Plymouth, MI definitely are the next best thing, improving your smile for decades. For your implant consultation, please call the office at (734) 455-4070.